Online training is becoming increasingly popular because of its convenience and flexibility. The FMIT has developed a wide range of online training courses for members to utilize. This service
starts off with 23 class subjects on which all employees should be trained every year. More classes will be added as needed.
If you would like to sample any one of the below topics, please contact Apryl Cordell
If you already have a login to the FLC e-learning page, you can access your account by clicking here
Aerial Lift (Scissor and Boom
Asbestos Operations and Maintenance
Confined Space Entrant/Attendant
Fall Protection Introduction
Fire Prevention Safety
Hazard Communication wiht GHS Introduction
Hazardous Waste (RCRA)
Manual Material Handling
Noise and Hearing Conservation
Personal Protective Equipment
Hand and Power Tools
Respirator User Level
Slip, Trip, and Fall Prevention
Trenching and Excavations
Benefits of Online Training/Learning:
- Consistency: All employees receive the same training in the same way.
- Customizable: Allows entities to customize training to target the needs of certain departments or even individual employees. Fore new hires, it is a great tool for the orientation process.
- Flexibility: Easy-to-schedule training for shift workers, absent workers, telecommuters, etc.
- Convenience: With computer/web access, training is available to employees anywhere, and at any time.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to offer just-in-time training when an employee is tackling a new task or running into issues that need immediate resolve.
- Efficient: Most courses are relatively short. Most are 30 minutes long. More complicated topics are more than 60 minutes long.
- Specialized Law Enforcement Material: Our online police training is written by former police officers. Our members have found the information to be extremely credible and more useful than alternatives.
FMIT Online Training includes: